Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hallmark IS definitely About Relationships


Less than 24 hours after my post I got a personal response from the Public Affairs folks at Hallmark replying to the comments I made.

Here are the lessons:
  • everybody's watching. Remember what your mother said about having your words on the front page of the New York Times.

  • It's brave new world.

  • We are all connected.
  • The internet is magic.

  • Hallmark is true to it's brand.

Here is part of the very thoughtful reply I received from Deidre Mize. My advice to readers: stick with Hallmark. They understand you.

Hi Gloria,
My name is Deidre Mize, I work at Hallmark in Public Affairs and
Communications.
I noticed your recent blog posting about one of Hallmark's Valentine's Day
commercials and wanted to respond.
When creating this commercial we wanted to show that love can be expressed
in a number of creative, economical and heartfelt ways, including Mom's
voice in a valentine.
As is our normal practice, our marketing team tested this commercial before
it aired among consumers, including mothers. These consumers responded
favorably, so we appreciate receiving different points of view like the one
you shared on your blog...
We are continually learning about the intricacies of these connections, and your perspective will help us to look at this differently in the future...

Thank you Deidre, and thank you, Hallmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment